March 26, 2013

The First

One of the families from our training class received their first placement last night.
 
It's a very bitter sweet feeling.
 
I am so excited for this couple. They were so kind and genuine over that long weekend of training and I know that they will provide a wonderful home for this little guy. Out of all of the families, I am most excited to see them with a placement.
 
I'm also feeling a little sad that we are still waiting on paperwork. I was coping with the waiting just fine until I received that email this morning. Now I feel frustrated with it all and I am eager to get this all over with.
 
I know that God has a plan for us and that we are on His timing, but letting go of all control is very difficult.
 
If I am being honest, I am nervous.
 
We took the girls to the store the other night and as we were putting them in the Van to go home, I couldn't help but think about what life will be like with another little one. I'm not having any doubts about our decision, just jitters.
 
I've been staying up a little later at night and I can't help but wonder if I am subconsciously getting myself ready for midnight feedings and early morning snuggles.
 
Anyway, I just thought that I would share their exciting news and jot down a few of my feelings.
 
xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...