March 25, 2013

Changing

I wish everyday could be just like Sunday.
 
We had such a great day as a family and it was everything that I would want in a day. Johnathon let me sleep in and after a long shower we FINALLY made it to Olive Garden for the girls'  celebratory 'dinner' honoring their recent awards at school.
 
The day being great actually had nothing to do with the places that we went, but in our laughter. I laughed like I hadn't laughed in awhile. The girls were all happy and cooperating...and let's face it, that alone would make it a great day. :)
 

We recently moved Alyssa and Allison's bedroom to where the nursery was located and everyone is loving it. It was just a better fit for their beds and now we aren't wasting a lot of space. It's absolutely adorable and I couldn't be happier about it. We still have a few things to buy and touch up, but I am so excited share pictures with you all. Trust me, it us just darling!!
 
I've had to hold back my tears lately when I watch Alyssa and Allison. There is a transition happening and my precious little girls are slowly turning into something I can't quite put a name on. I don't want to call them young ladies, but they are maturing in ways that I hadn't anticipated for awhile.
 
They now play quietly in their room. The quiet part should be enough change, but by 'playing' I really mean listening to music, reading and talking about boys. 


Johnathon and I were even noticing the little changes in Madelynn over the weekend. We couldn't help but comment on the fact that she is so much more understanding when she doesn't get her way. Whether it's what song is on the radio (she refuses anything other than Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae) or when we ask her to do something she doesn't want to.
 
Instead of crying or whining, she simply says 'Okay, Mommy'.
 
Easy day.


Notice anything different about this picture of all three girls?


After them getting broken, fixed, lost and then found, Alyssa FINALLY has her glasses!
 
It's been a work in progress to get her to be more responsible with them, but she is getting there. She says they hurt or they are too dirty and they spend more time in her hands then on her face. However, I was reading her a book the other night before bed (that's my special time with the twins each night as we read chapter books) when she stopped me so she could grab her glasses. She said it was too hard to follow along with the words when she couldn't see them. Ha!
 
Love her.


If you couldn't tell, Madelynn's collarbone is 100% back to normal and all traces of pink eye are GONE.
 
{Knock on wood}
 
 
Our home inspection is scheduled for Thursday and I feel like I am much more relaxed about it then I was even a month ago. We agreed that as long as the house is a livable clean, whatever. I'm sure she will have a long list of what needs to be done and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

1 comment:

Shea said...

Love seeing pictures of your girls! :) Hope the home inspection goes smoooth for you guys! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...