June 7, 2013

Who woulda thunk it?

If someone would have told me a few months ago that I would be doing the dishes at 7:45am, I would have surely thought that they had lost their mind.
 
I'm having such a productive day today and it quite honestly, it's freaking me out.
 
I took the girls to school early this morning and I even did their hair for a change.
(I usually just brush it and tell them to add a hair band.)
 

As soon as I got home I found myself starting a load of laundry and vacuuming the floors.
 
By 7:45am I was moving on to the dishes and by 8:15am I had swept the kitchen floor, cleaned off the counters and wiped off the kitchen table.
(Can I just note how nasty our kitchen table can get with three little ones. Dur-tay!)


Anyway, it was just a few weeks ago that I was rolling out of bed until well after 9am.
(Thank you, homeschool.)
 
Now, I feel bored before 9am even rolls around.
 
Who woulda thunk this was even possible?


In more exciting news, Alyssa and Allison were accepted and enrolled into a new charter school for the 2013-2014 school year.
 
It's a new charter school opening up this next year and it just happens to be a few blocks away. Without going into too much detail, the girls will be offered a generous amount more than they are currently at a public school. There are foreign language classes and so many opportunities that just aren't available to them now.
 
This will not be a year-round school, which makes me happy, and I love the hours. There will be no more half days and their days will be longer in general.
 
There are uniforms at this school and Alyssa has already voiced her opinion and dislike for that rule. I reassured her by telling her that we would do what we could to make it 'her own' and accessorize. That seems to perk her up.


We painted one wall in our half bathroom last weekend and I love it!! We just need to touch up the sides a bit and add a little decor and I will be posting pictures soon.


Baby D is doing great and growing by the second. He is up to 9lbs now and starting to 'ooh' and 'ah' at me. He smiles on command now when I am holding him and he LOVES bath time.
 
We had another visit with bio-dad this week and that went well.
 
I'm not sure if I shared the news or not, but we will have D for at least 6 more months or so.



A lot of people think it's a bad thing to have him longer, because they think that we will grow too attached and it will be harder to let him go.
 
1) We already are too attached. He could leave tomorrow and it would be equally as hard.
2) This is just part of the game. We knew this would happen and we prepared ourselves for it.
3) Did we understand exactly how it would feel? No, but that doesn't change the fact that we love being foster parents and the pros seriously outweigh the cons in this situation.
 
With all of that being said, I am happy that we get to share our lives with him for a few more months. This Summer is already packed full of fun and I can't wait to experience it all with him.


Alyssa and Allison still have a month left of kindergarten.
 
I see them changing so much lately. It's not that they are more opinionated. Let's face it, they always have been. It's just that they are more detailed about their opinion. They pick out their own clothes EVERYDAY now and tell me what they want done with their hair (usually just down and straight). They want to do everything on their own, including their homework. They know how to read the directions and understand them now and they have made it quite clear that they no longer need our help. They even do their weekly book reports on their own.
 
At the beginning of the school year I was reading the book and writing out what they wanted their book report to say so they could copy it. Now they just grab a book and do it all on their own.
 
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this new found freedom, but I find myself using the new free time to get sad over my growing little ladies.
 
xoxo
 
*I didn't proof read...no time!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...