October 6, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Apple Dump Cake

 
Day 6: Apple Dump Cake
 
Since we had so many apples from the apple orchard, I decided to make a quick apple dump cake before dance class one night as a special treat. It was quick, easy and tasty.
 

Forgive me for not having a set recipe, I like to just throw it together. I'm sure you can find the recipe online.
 
I cut up enough apples to easily cover the bottom of my baking pan (about an inch high). The apples from the orchard were a little on the small side so it took quite a few of them.


I mixed together about 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup of sugar and some walnuts into my already greased baking pan.


Then I poured a whole box of yellow cake mix over the apple mixture and added a stick of butter.
 
*Some recipes ask for melted butter, but this works just fine for me.


I added extra walnuts to the top.


Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.
 
Best served with ice cream!! :)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...