September 17, 2012

Dining Room Progress

Now that we no longer use our dining room as our learning room, I have been brainstorming what to do with this huge space. Our dining room is 11 feet by 14 feet and is open to our 14 feet by 16 feet kitchen. With that being said, it is also the last space in our home that we haven't done ANYTHING to as far as decorating goes.
 
You can read about our curtains HERE and how after weeks of searching for the right curtains, we eventually settled on a shower curtain instead.
 
I have been following Shelly's blog over at House of Smiths for quite some time now and have fallen in love with the style of her home. What I love the most are the white shelves in her dining room and I knew that I wanted a pair too. I love that the shelves are a neutral white and she changes out the decor for each holiday or season.
 
Johnathon and I finally agreed on a pair of shelves from IKEA. His style is a little more modern and clean line so these were a perfect compromise for us.
 
We knew we needed something large to fill his long wall and these shelves did just that.
 
The longer shelf is just over 6 feet long if that gives you an idea.

The shelves aren't finished yet. I just grabbed a few unused decorations and threw them up there, but you get the idea.
 
The best part was the price! The shelves were $14.99 and $19.99. That is a whopping $35 for both. You can't beat that!!
 
Little by little we are decorating this house and making it a home and I am loving every minute!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...