August 10, 2012

Progress

I've been trying to take my time decorating this house as my styles have changed over the years. I am slowing trying to incorporate more white to make the house feel fresh, calm and bright.

I am dissatisfied the most with Madelynn's bedroom. It's just nothing like I had planned and something is just 'off'. I'm not 100% on her bedding and the wall decals are cute, but not really a fit with her personality or the feel that I want in her space.

I still love the poem on her wall though.


Her white curtains are adorable.


This is the bulk of her wall decals. Like I said, they are cute...I'm just not her that they are right.


Alyssa and Allison's bedroom makes me pretty happy, but there is just still so much that I have to do in here. These pictures were taken a few weeks ago and already so many things have changed.



I have since replaced the lamp shade (which belongs on my living room lamp and has been redecorated for that purpose) with a $2.99 pale pink one that I found at IKEA. It's the perfect color for their room.

The picture frames are also now filled with pictures of themselves and by Alyssa's request, one of Nana in the purple frame (her favorite color).


Their names have also found their way onto these beautiful salvaged windows. The vinyl is a pale pink and again, a perfect fit.


There are a total of 5 butterflies on their wall and believe it or not, they were purchased separately at two different garage sales in Illinois over the span of a year. They all match and I am so in love with how they turned out.


This is one wall of the girls' toy room. I found the sign at Home Goods for $19.99 and I made the banner late one night when I got bored. It is made from random extra fabric that I had and it took me all of 30 minutes total to finish. The red line holding it together is quilt edging (not sure on the real technical term) that I had left over from a quilt that I made last year. 


We got some new patio furniture for our front porch this week. We have a wonderful set up on our front porch. For starters, it's huge and well shaded making it perfect for our warm days. We also have a nice patch of grass as a front yard and I wanted something to sit on while I watched the girls play everyday. We got these three pieces at Lowes. I have yet to add any pillows or cushions because a) the season are about to change and I am not sure what I want to do out there yet and b) these three pieces of furniture alone were too expensive to add anything to it. I still can't believe Johnathon let me get them on top of all the other things I bought this week. It has all added up and he has been great about it. 


I just cut this out with my Cricut machine today. It was done in with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge set to Tall Ball on white vinyl with a measurement of 4 inches with the real size option OFF.


This is just a better look at the front of the house. My wreath has not been wanting to stay on my door...I use command hooks. I have even gone as far as using both super glue and hot glue to get it to stay and NO LUCK! This weekend I will be trying out Gorilla glue so wish my luck!! :)



Remember this picture from a few weeks ago?

Johnathon and I haven't been able to settle on a piece of art that we love and that got me thinking.
What better art is there than pictures of our own children?!


Enter this beauty!

I found these amazing frames at IKEA for $19.99 a piece and snatched up three of them. They measure about 21 1/2 inches by 21 1/2 inches and the inner picture opening (using the matting) measures 11 1/2 by 11 1/2. I then cut their names out with my Cricut machine and added them to the appropriate frame. You can't really see their names from far away, but they are there and it is perfect!


Don't they make such a statement?

I need to buy some new black vinyl for the quote that will be placed above the frames...

"While we try to teach our children all about life,
they teach us what life is all about."

I'm pretty excited to see it all come together. The photos that I ordered to fill them will be here in around 7-11 days.


I finally went out and bought curtains for my dining room at Lowes.

I hated them.

The problem was, I had searched EVERYWHERE and couldn't find just what I was looking for. I headed back to Target for the 3rd time that week to look yet again. I was so disappointed in what I had to choose from.

I had seen on Pinterest that someone had used a table clothe as a curtain. Genius!

They had one that I liked, but they only carried it on a round size. Of course!

So that's when I went really crazy and dragged my husband down the bathroom aisle to look at shower curtains. They had so many to choose from that we stood there for quite some time trying to narrow our selection down.

We opted on a light grey curtain with fresh white flowers on them. They are light and bright while still making a statement. Now, they are not what I had in mind, but I am happy with our choice.

I am going to try out the first set of curtains in our master bedroom and see how I like them there. It could work.



I bought that large clock years ago at Ross for a huge steal and loved it. Unfortunately, it doesn't really fit with my new decor style so it will be getting a nice face lift this weekend. I am still not 100% on what color I will choose, but anything will be better than black and gold.

I love the theme in the girls' bathroom. It's a grey and pink shabby chic.

This is the shelf above their toilet which currently houses a box of Kleenex and a few hair bands. I just haven't found the right 'something' that I want to place there.


I love, love , love this shelf. It's perfect for this space.


Directly across from the shelf is a group of pictures above the towel rack. I just chose a few of my favorite pictures of each of the girls and one of the twins at dance class. The frames are also from IKEA for a whopping $4.99 each. I love that store.


Here is a better view from the doorway. The 'get naked' sign is by far one of my favorite things in the house. We sing a little 'get naked' song before each of their baths and when I seen it on Pinterest, I KNEW we needed in our house too. 


This is just a close up view of our curtain rods. Beautiful!

The curtain and the rods are both from Target.


Well, that's it for now. I hope all enjoyed a little walk through of my home. I hope to have a few 'finished' pictures soon!!

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...