September 10, 2012

Day 26

We are currently on day 26 of our kindergarten school year.
 
I think we have found our groove and that is nice. We are towards the end of our first section and there are 6 sections total. I scanned a copy of our yearly school schedule for 2012-13 to give you all an idea of what we have planned. I chose to only take two, 2 week breaks throughout the year. Our first will be in December for Christmas and the second in March-April for a Spring break around Easter.
 
At first I was worried that I wasn't giving us all enough down time throughout the year and that it would be too much on everyone. Oh, was I wrong! The best thing about homeschooling is that you can do what is best for your family and THIS is what is best for us. I have found that while schooling does take up a large portion of our life, simply because my teaching does not end when we walk out of the learning room, it is also something that we can fit into our everyday schedule.
 
The girls have play dates, we meet Johnathon for lunch, we decide that a family nap is more important than sticking to our strict 'school is at 1pm' routine...basically we are in control, not the curriculum. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy knowing that on 'normal' days, school DOES start at one, but we are free to change that up if we need.
 
So, in the end, doing school everyday with few days off is a great plan for us.
The learning room is about 90% finished. We are still in the process of getting all of their toys out of there. It was a big transition to change the toy room into our learning room. Johnathon finally went out and bought child-proof locks for the door so they would stop going in there to 'play' with my office supplies. *sigh*
 
The girls are thriving so far and catching on to things far more quickly than I expected. We are done learning our first set of letters...Ff, Bb, Mm, Tt, Rr and Aa. We have also finished three chapter books...yes, THREE! One of the things that intimidated me about Sonlight is that there was so much reading, but the girls have learned to love that aspect of it.
 
Along with learning our mailing address, phone number and other important information, we are still going over 'stranger danger' and who we should and shouldn't give this information to.
 Just about the time when I get really frustrated with the girls, I find them doing something silly and refreshing like this...
 
 
Allison is stilling on the toilet doing Alyssa's hair, Alyssa is stilling on the step stool doing Madelynn's hair and I couldn't show it, but a naked Madelynn is sitting on the floor doing a 'My Little Pony's hair.
 
*DISCLAIMER: Yes, I understand that there are still sticker labels on Allison's desk and chair from the moving company. Cut me a little slack here, I've been busy! :) I said that room wasn't finished yet. Haha.
 
I am aware that Madelynn is naked and sitting on my bathroom floor. That lasted just long enough for me to take this picture. She is ornery, what else can I say!
 
I know I haven't been blogging much, but to be quite honest, my days are just too full. I was asked recently what I 'actually' did during the day. Not only does this offend me, but I just want everyone to understand that staying home with three little girls is the most stressful, dramatic, chaotic and hectic thing that I have ever done. It is also the most rewarding, fun, entertaining, and satisfying element of my life.
 
With that being said, there just isn't enough time in my day for anything other my family at times. I promise to try and blog more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew I bet all three of farts smell like cupcakes and rainbows with a hint of cheese cake. Would love to sniff all three if their dainty little butts. Then met then play with my pew cannon until I fire it and pew pew all over their faces. After bathing them in my cum id make them clean each other up using their tongues 👅. When they are done id run a nice bath for all of us and then the real fun begins as I wash all three of them while they fart under water.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...