May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had a wonderful mother's day with my three little ladies today.

I didn't, however, take ANY pictures. Sorry!

It was just one of those moments where I chose to be with my children instead of taking pictures and I really enjoyed that.


My heart goes out to those who are maybe experiencing their first year since the loss of their mother, maybe having a hard time with infertility or those who have lost a child.

I can only imagine what it is like for you and just know that you are being thought about today and you are in my prayers.


My own mother has had one of her hardest years yet and I can't even begin to explain how it felt to spend the day with her.

We also went and visited with {almost} all of the girls' grandmas and great-grandmas today as well as a quick trip to the cemetery.

We went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, spent a few minutes in Target and even planted a few new shrubs in my parent's front yard. The weather was perfect and so was our day.


I've been playing around with my blog layout lately and I feel like it's finally something that I can enjoy. It is really starting to reflect my personality and puts a smile on my face. I have a lot of new ideas for my blog, all of which I can't start until we move.

Speaking of moving, the days are just flying by and that is what keeps me going.



 My mom started chemotherapy again last Thursday. We were hopeful that because it is a more mild chemo that maybe it would be a breeze considering how well she handled the other medicine {which was one of the strongest available}. Were we ever so wrong!?! Not even an hour into it, it got rough. It's been a challenge, but she is handling it as well as she can. She will go once a week for three weeks, get a week off, three more weeks, get a week off...for four months.

I just feel bad that I am moving next month and won't be able to go with her for long.


Johnathon is doing good.

Not too much else to say without giving out too many details. I don't want OPSEC freaking out. :)


It's looking like our furniture will be getting to San Diego a whole week after we are. Johnathon and I aren't too worried about it. We will have a TV, air mattress and everything that we need to eat/drink. What else do you need after a year and a half of not living together. We would be happy in a cardboard box.

Besides, I think the girls will love making forts on the living room floor and cuddling with their daddy!!



Happy Mother's Day 2012

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...