February 10, 2012

Changes...

I've noticed a few changes in my redheads over the last couple of days.

Allison can't remind me enough how she 'feels' like a big girl.


She has been taking her time while talking to me, to explain in full detail, just what happened, why it happened, and what I should do to fix it.

*gulp*


Her stories come well equipped with eye flutters, intense stares, hands on her hips, popping of hip and a few eye rolls.

DRAMATIC! :)


I can't help but giggle when Alyssa talks. She too is going into full detail, but unlike her sister, requires 100% eye contact until she is finished saying what she has to say.



Anytime I tell them that they can't do something, they each have three ideas on how they think it would work...and I must hear each idea.


I am constantly being told, 'MOM! I wanted to do that. That was mine. I don't need any help. Can I help? I want to do it myself.' along with every other independent saying a 4 year old can think of.

I have basically mastered the art of giving directions and sitting back to watch them trial/error. Of course I am there and ready if they ever decide I am needed, but only to TELL them what to do. It would be a shame if I tried to do it for them. :)



Whoever said that a four year old asks 500 questions a day was not only on to something, but could have seriously UNDER estimated that count. haha. To top it all off, I have two four year olds.

*sigh*

Mommy what letter says 'insert sound'?
How do you spell 'random word'?
What is that?
Why did he do/say that?
What is this used for?
What comes after this?
Do you remember that time that we 'yadda yadda yadda'?
Can we do that again?
Why are you doing that?
Can I do that?

Get the idea?



This little girl, my Maddie Jane, melts my heart a little more each and everyday.
I just count my blessing each day that I wake up to her in my life. She has given me something that I never knew was missing. She makes me smile, laugh and simply enjoy life.


I am so in love with each of my girls. They are my entire life and everything that I dreamed of. I think back to the exact moments that I learned each of them would be a girl and THIS is what I thought it would be. It's amazing.

Don't get me wrong, we have our issues and stomping of the feet followed by a 10 minute (earned) time-out. We have messes, spills and broken glass. We lose our tempers and apologizes are needed.
But at the end of the day, I wouldn't have it any other way.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...