January 10, 2012

Updates for Daddy

It's been a few months since Johnathon has seen his girls so I thought I would take a second to post a few stats about each of the girls.


Madelynn is growing up so quickly. Not just in size, but maturity. She is saying so many new words each day and acting like such a big girl. Keeping up with her sisters is no issue for her and she loves to be in the middle of all the action. She is my little snuggle bunny and still climbs into my bed each night. (I know, shame on me!! haha) She enjoys nothing more than a sippy of cold milk and she looks forward to her jar of baby food each day. (I give her a jar of stage 3 fruits everyday as a snack.)


Alyssa is still just as outgoing and outspoken as she has always been. She isn't afraid to say how she feels and what she thinks even if she is the only one that feels that way. She will correct you in a heart beat if she thinks you are wrong. She never forgets a thing, so you better be on your toes and remember what you say...she'll hold you to it. Her favorite thing is to search my purse for loose change and hide it in her pocket until she sees her Nana, then they go together to get ice cream. She picks chocolate 9 times out of 10. She is passionate about EVERYTHING and wears her heart on her sleeve.


Allison, Allison, Allison! Where to begin? She is so much like her dad that I sometimes have a hard time keeping a straight face when she does something ornery, sweet, secretive, or silly. She is mellow and usually go-with-the-flow about most things. She is sensitive and always looking out for those that she loves. She is a nurturer by nature and constantly 'mothering' Madelynn, praising her good behavior and helping her when needed. I have seen quite an improvement in her schooling since she got her glasses. At 4, both girls can say their full names and spell/write their first names without any help. That's a big deal when your name is seven letters long. :)

I'm not sure how Johnathon does it being away from these darling little girls and quite frankly I never want to find out. My heart aches for him and all that he is missing, but I am doing my best to journal it for him and keep posts like this coming. I know it's difficult, but he does his best to read my blog whenever possible. I want him to see his girls grow and change as it happens, not all at once this Summer. It's my goal to make sure that he feels like he has been here the entire time.

The girls and I talk about his all day everyday and our favorite thing to do each night is talk about the things we look forward to doing when we are a family again. We take turns saying one thing we want to do the most with daddy. It's very sweet to hear what they have to say and what they come up with. Sometimes it's going to the park, seeing a movie in theaters while eating popcorn, or playing on the floor. Other times it's something creative like taking the car to a car wash, teaching daddy how to play Mario on the DS, or having daddy teach them their homeschool, all of which would be adorable to watch!!

Allison is sick. :(
Hopefully this isn't something that lasts too long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...