January 12, 2012

Late Night Talking

I posted this picture on Facebook the other day and had to share it with you too.


You can't really tell, but Allison was just beginning to get a 24 hour stomach bug when this picture was taken. It was the longest 24 hours of my life in a long time. My poor baby had a temperature, was getting sick every hour, and got little rest between trips to the restroom. It was torture watching her be so miserable and not being able to fix it for her.

I got a phone call from Johnathon the other night. It was amazing to hear his voice. An email is great, but to actually hear his voice for the first time in two weeks just allowed me to let out a huge sigh of relief and let all of my stresses slip away. He does that for me, relaxes me.

He is safe. He can't give me too much information, but if you are curious and would like to keep track of his ship on your own then you might try THIS website or you can follow the USS MAKIN ISLAND on Facebook. Both places will give you what information they can.

Still nothing to update on new orders. :( Believe me, I will keep everyone posted on what we learn, when we learn it.

I was browsing Pinterest the other day, like I do on most days, and came across this quote,

"Loving a military man is not hard. The distance is hard, the worry is hard, the sacrifices are hard. But loving him...that's the easiest thing I've ever done."

That's pretty much the story of my life at the moment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...