January 22, 2012

500

This is officially my 500th post!! I can still remember setting up this blog and uploading my first pictures. At first, it was just something I did to pass the time while Alyssa and Allison were sleeping. Slowly our friends and family started to read and it became my way of updating everyone while we lived thousands of miles away raising twin girls. Now it is my way to record everything that happens in our lives. I know one day my little ladies will want to look back and read about everything we were up to and the funny little things that they did.

I've been trying to get a few things checked off of my to-do list and the other day I went and bought a few supplies to make our upcoming move a little easier. If you know anything about me, then you know I tend to over-plan and I like things ORGANIZED!!


I got a new binder, a few dividers, and paper to keep everything together and at my finger tips. That will hold all phone numbers, addresses, important papers and a list of what is in each box. I also got a pack of large index cards to place on each box detailing what is in that particular box. Along with that will be a post-it. Each room in the new house will have a different color post-it so it will make unloading a breeze.

It's not an rare scene to have multiple flat rate boxes sitting in my living room on a daily basis. On Tuesday I will be shipping out my 5th care package to Johnathon in the two months he has been out to sea. I figure it's the least I could do.


You can also find piles of cards laying around my house too. They are for the days when I just don't have the time to write another letter, but I still want to have something to put in the mail. Every card is usually accompanied by a beautiful colored picture that one of the girls colored for him.


Tomorrow Allison will get her birthmark removed. We have to be at the hospital early in the morning and I am a nervous wreck. She knows very little of what will go on, just as much as she needs to know. Johnathon was supposed to call and talk to her today, but I guess the phones were shut down.

Allison and I are getting ready to make a few smoothies and cuddle on the couch for awhile.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...