July 28, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

Just a warning ahead of time, there will be no pictures in this post. Sometimes I feel as though a post just isn't interesting without pictures so I choose not to post that day. Then before I know it, it's been a week since I took a single picture.

*sigh*

It's a never ending cycle!!

We are all doing fabulous! I'm staying busy at work, prepping for our first year of homeschool, hand sewing three Halloween costumes, planning a second birthday party and getting giddy over the fact that Johnathon gets a few days leave this Fall!!

Yep, we just found out that everyone aboard the USS Makin Island will be given a few days of leave at some point before the deployment. I'm excited for a few reasons...

1. I will be flying out to California to spend a few alone days with him before we drive back to Illinois.

2. While I am in California, one of my friends will either be about to pop or have just given birth to her first child, a beautiful little girl!!

3. Because we are driving back, I will FINALLY have my car!

4. Obviously I am over the moon that Johnathon will get to see his girls one last time. They miss him dearly.

Breaking the news to them that he was coming home was amazing. They gave me a funny look at first as if I was playing a mean trick and then almost at the same time, Alyssa and Allison threw their arms around my neck and squealed!! Madelynn still doesn't completely understand, but I know she will be thrilled.

You are hearing it here first, folks...my kids are growing gills. Yep, they must be! They spend every waking moment in the pool. Alyssa likes to swim forward while Allison likes to lay on her back and kick. I just love watching them learn and grow. This is what I always dreamed motherhood would be like.

I watch as the girls are spreading their wings and branching out as young ladies, and yet my heart melts when they come crying to me with a scratch that only mommy's kiss can heal. It's wonderful!!

For those of you who are wondering, my mom is doing quite well. She again shows her amazing strength and ability to look at the positive in every situation. The time has come for her to make a decision about her hair and it's rapid loss. Another post. Another day.

I would love to continue my ramblings, but duty calls. My particular duty tonight: LAUNDRY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...