January 24, 2011

Good Start

Is there anything better than waking up on your own a little before 9am?

I didn't think so.

I do, however, HATE those kind of mornings. I always wake up scared that something is wrong. You know, there MUST be a reason why I wasn't awoken by the usual 7:40am scream fest or melt down. Lucky for me, my kids just like to sleep too. :)

I've made our appointment to get our taxes done, the living room has been cleaned (twice), laundry has been started and with any luck, someone should be out to fix our cable sometime today.

Madelynn is the only baby I know that actually wants to wear sunglasses. She finds them first thing in the morning and wears them all day long. It's kind of cute! Lately, she has taken a liking to my scarfs. She tries to put them on herself and hates when they fall off.

I tried to take a picture of her wearing both the glasses and the scarf but the little runt knew what I was trying to do and ripped them both off. Grr. Ornery little thing!

I'm not sure what I was thinking the other day when I let the two older girls play in flour.

Yes, F-L-O-U-R...commonly used for baking!

Being the crazy baker that I am, I typically have a couple 5lb bags of flour in my freezer at any given time. That can be quite the problem when you are moving. So, in an attempt to rid myself of all of it, I dumped some on the dining room floor and let the girls go to town. I hid coins in it and asked them to find them. We used our fingers to write letters in it and even made roads for our cars. It was a blast!!

Clearly I couldn't think past the fun because now I have a HUGE mess to clean up.

Even as I sit here writing this, I know that there is a possibility that the cable man could show up or a friend could randomly decide to stop by...and I couldn't care less. In fact, I'll probably dump more flour on the floor in a few minutes. That's just the kind of mother I am!! :)

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...