December 23, 2010

The Stone Family Christmas Letter...

Dear Friends & Family,

I'm finding it very hard to believe that 2010 has come and is almost gone. We started the year with a new addition to our family, Madelynn Jane Stone. She was only 2.5 months old at this time last year and it's amazing to look back and think of how much she has grown. Not only is she walking, but she is starting to talk and interact with her big sisters. Alyssa and Allison are 3.5 years old and act the part. They are as ornery as ever and keep me busy all day long. I continue to work with them on their learning, but we won't start anything official until this coming Fall. I am very excited to begin this homeschooling journey. We've entered the stage of tattle taling and bossy opinions at every chance. I'm not quite sure if it's just a three year old thing or if it's the red hair. :)

Even though this year was much more calmer than 2009, what we lacked in travel we made up for in stress. I don't think anyone can prepare you for what it's like to have three small children all day every day, by yourself and 3000 miles away from friends and family. Nonetheless, it was a great year and I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

Johnathon was away quite frequently this year on underway after underway. He even went to Fleet Week in San Fransisco, CA. Learning to live without Johnathon is something that will never be easy, but something that I do willingly. We've used 2010 to gear ourselves up for travel, moving and deployments in the year to come.

We have also been lucky enough to welcome both a new niece and new nephew into our lives...beautiful Miss Audrinna Paige and the always handsome Colton Ray. I'm surely the luckiest aunt in the world. The count currently stands at 3 nieces, 2 nephews and 3 daughters. We seriously need some more boys around here. :)

Halloween was a blast. The girls were Thing 1, Thing 2 and The Cat in the Hat. They were precious and surely the cutest kids gathering candy in all of California. :) Thanksgiving was spent here at home with more food than was needed. It was a fabulous lazy day that we all enjoyed greatly. Christmas, I have to admit, has snuck up on me. I tried to do my Christmas shopping early, but that only made me spend more money. I've come to learn that my Christmas shopping is never really done until December 25th. I can't resist.

2010 has been a year for growth and preparation. If this has been just a taste of what is to come then count me in. I'm looking forward to it!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
2010

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...