September 22, 2010

Our Learning Room

I've been meaning to post these pictures for awhile now, but it seems like the perfect time. Alyssa and Allison do not start their formal preschool curriculum until next Fall, but we are doing our best to get everything prepared.

Right now 'school' is just sitting around our kitchen table singing our alphabet, doing crafts and attempting to do simple worksheets. We usually have some fun music playing in the background and end our day playing with some play-doh.

I'm doing my best to get everything in order and organized. It's a lot of thought and work, but nothing I can't handle and don't enjoy!!

Some of the artwork in the next picture is old, but will soon be replaced with the numerous pages we have filled just since being home.

It's hard to sit back and watch all of these mothers around me start on this homeschooling journey when we still must wait another year. I am eager and ready to begin this new chapter in our lives. It excites me and I am carefully counting down the days until we, too, can start our curriculum.

I started working on our classroom 'Treasure Chest' today. Cutting tattoos and stickers that will accompany candy and small prizes that the girls will be able to pick from when they do well with their school work or even when they help me out around the house. I love how home and school will be tied together as one. Cooking, homemaking, learning...it's all hand in hand!

I hope you all enjoyed your picture tour of my dining room, er, I mean learning room!! :)

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

~Trema~ said...

It looks awesome! Just like a learning room should!
I wish I had known more about homeschooling before my girls had became school age.
Best of Luck to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...