July 3, 2010

My thoughts...

I haven't been blogging a lot lately and I blame in on all the thoughts that are going through my head. When Johnathon is gone (and he has been most of the week) or I have a lot going on (I would consider a 4 hour flight across the country and 2.5 month stay with my parents a lot) I have a hard time filtering my thoughts and writing them all down.

I'm a little scatterbrain!!

For starters, Johnathon went on an underway this week which left me home alone with the kids. This gets very annoying after awhile. I'm okay with him being gone, but when he is I have nothing to look forward to. He has the truck, so we can't go anywhere even if we wanted to. The girls are usually good, but very clingy!! To top it all off, today is his duty day so he won't be coming home tonight.

Tomorrow is our last day in California for the Summer. :( It's a little sad...oh wait! It will still be 'Summer' around Christmas time. I'm excited to see everyone, but nervous about the flight. I've been making Madelynn hang out with me in her Gypsy Wrap the last couple of days to get her used to it for long periods of time. I figure, if she is in the wrap, I will have my hands free to deal with the twins.

And then there is the packing...oh, the packing! I am usually the idiot that is 99% packed 2 weeks prior to any vacation and on top of everything. HA HA HA! Not this time. I literally only have half of a small suitcase filled. That's it...for all four of us. I'm slackin'.

My goal for today is get 100% packed and ready to go. That means I HAVE to do the 3 loads of laundry that have been sitting in my utility room for a week now. Darn it! :) There is ironing to do, shoes to be mated and sorted, liquids to baggie up, and I can't forget all my plans for the numerous baby showers I will be hosting or going to...in case I haven't mentioned before, EVERYONE is pregnant in Illinois. haha.

It's a duty day, which means ALL 3 girls are getting a bath tonight. I don't know what it is about Johnathon being gone that makes me want to give the girls a bath. That is usually his routine with the kids, but when Daddy is gone...it's bath time. I think I may put them all 3 in the bath tub for the first time...wish me luck! I have to clip finger/toe nails, do hair, lotion 3 little bodies and finally snuggle on the couch for a 'Movie with Mommy' before bed.

My 'vacation' in Illinois is going to be busy, busy, busy. I am going home for two reason and two reasons only...my sister and sister-in-law are having babies!! I am co-hosting both of their showers and even get to be there when my sister gives birth (assuming she doesn't go into labor in the next 48 hours!!). She is due on the 22nd...2 weeks and 3 days after I arrive and my sister-in-law, Becky, is due on September 11th. I am getting a niece AND a nephew and I couldn't be more happy for them both.

I am also going to be taking pictures like crazy while I am home to help build my photography portfolio. Becky's maternity pics, Audrinna & Colton's newborn pics, all of my nieces and my nephew...just for fun!! It's going to be crazy.

Then add in all the birthdays, other baby showers, first day of school and everything else...*sigh*.

I guess I should get off of here and get a jump start on all the packing!!!

I'm just trying to focus on the hot breakfast that Johnathon will be bringing home tomorrow morning. Yum!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

rameelin said...

I'd love to get the kids together while you're here!!! I'll have Mabel and then we'll have to plan a time to let them run around our yard and play. You won't be far from us which excites me!!!

Annie said...

Have a great time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...