- I survived another duty day with all 3 kids. Johnny was gone for over 24 hours and we are all still alive and well. :)
- I managed to to find time to vacuum every.single.day this week, actually finish and put away 2 loads of laundry, never let the dishes pile up over a full load.
- No matter what the day may hold, I always seem to find time to talk to my mother multiple times a day.
- I made time to get on the floor and play "house" with the twins more than once.
- Most importantly, I squeezed in time to take 3 whole showers this week. Woo-Hoo!
I know it doesn't sound like much to many of you, but to me, this was a very successful week. I am slowly learning to juggle the housework in between feeding a crying infant and disciplining two ornery toddlers. Also all the while trying to keep my hardworking husband happy.
We were even brave enough to go to IKEA on Saturday, but it wasn't without a few delays. As we were getting the twins dressed we realized that we only had 3/4 shoes and had to quickly come up with a new plan...play shoes it was! We finally got all three girls and the stroller loaded when Madelynn decided that it was time to projectile vomit all over herself, car seat and blankets. Then when Johnny and I got her changed and ready to go, we were off!
IKEA was interesting to say the least. We are literally a "parade" of children wherever we go and people seem to think we are interesting. I pushed the twins in the stroller and Johnny had Madelynn in a cart. Allison found it necessary to sing throughout the entire store while Alyssa bobbed her head and kicked her feet. It was quite the show! I am telling you all right now, I'm not sure about the details, but Allison WILL be a performer one day. The girl is constantly singing, dancing and putting on a show.
I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I guess if you are twin then you must
- have a special language
- talk and move in unison
- wear the exact same thing and have the exact same hair color/style
- unless you are boy/girl twins...you are identical
- basically be the exact same person
ugh! I understand that in the case of my little girls, most of these statements are true, but it just kills me when every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks that they are experts on them. so, just for the record...
Yes, they do have somewhat of a "language" but it was never as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. They move/talk in unison the same amount as any two random people next to each other. Yes, its easier to just make them wear the same things, but AT LEAST 2-3 days out of the week they may request to pick out their own clothes. (and they are different!) Last, but certainly not least, my girls are NOT identical.
Again, they may look very very similar, they are NOT identical!
Thank you, it feels great to get that off of my chest. :)
I hope everyone is having a great weekend with their families...I know that I am!