April 24, 2009

as you can see above, i am just about 15 weeks and the baby is the size of a Naval Orange. it should be just around 4 inches long (crown to rump) and weighing in at 2.5 ounces. its still another 5 weeks until we find out what we are having. it feels like this pregnancy is flying by. i swear i was just peeing on that darn stick and waking up Johnny. haha. its really hard to say how i am feeling at the moment. sometimes during the day i am full of energy and in the next second i am puking and almost paralyzed due to my sciatica in my lower back. it got so bad yesterday that i was unable to take care of the twins and had to lean on a few family members to help me out. i even have a hard time walking to the bathroom. it sounds silly, but i have even had to bust out my moms walker just to get around. i called the Dr. yesterday to see about taking some ibuprofen but they would rather me not. honestly at this point, i am desperate! luckily i woke up feeling a tiny bit better, but i know that my back plans on going out on me at any minute. i also think i am just getting over a 24 hour bug of some sort. ugh! i was having hot and cold flashes, puking every 2 minutes, my nose is a non-stop faucet STILL and i just felt BLAH! on a happier note, my stomach is stretching an awful lot on the inside and i know its only a matter of time before i "pop" and start to really show. any pressure at all on my stomach makes me feel queasy and sick to my stomach. i have lost a total of 6 lbs. so far in this pregnancy and i am actually pretty excited about it. i know people feel like its a bad thing to lose weight while you're pregnant, but i guess i feel a little differently. let me explain that it is not my intention at all to "deprive" myself or the baby of calories or nutrition. i am simply eating smarter, more ofter, smaller portions and i am slightly more active than i have been in the last few months.
i have talked to my Dr. about everything and he is 100% supportive.
today is day 1 of Alyssa's potty training. so far today she has gone #1 on the floor 3 times and ZERO in the potty chair. haha. i have a feeling its going to be a long day. :) she has officially mastered putting on and taking off of her panties and has even acted like she really had to go at one point...no luck. it was a false alarm. she has even put a pair of her panties on her baby doll and actually has the doll on her potty chair as we speak. at lease she gets the idea and knows what i am trying to accomplish. haha.
Johnny is still doing great, working hard and missing everyone. i talk to him on a daily basis and he sounds like he is actually having a good time.
the weather today is just fantastic and beautiful. i really wish my back was feeling better so i could go outside and enjoy it. right now my goal is rest, rest, rest! tonight is the CEA spaghetti dinner and i am really looking forward to it. having a reason to get out of the house is always great. i love having a reason to get cleaned up and looking nice. its not very often that you find me out of my stretchy capris and a baggy t-shirt. haha.
God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...