December 2, 2008

-today has been interesting so far...to say the least. the twins were up and laughing by 6:55am and that means that i was too. :( i put Cinderella in for the girls to watch while i got something to drink and washed my face with VERY cold water. by the time Cinderella was marrying her prince, i was fully awake and ready to go. i took the twins downstairs and made some scrambled eggs...it was a little difficult with two toddlers having death grips on my shorts and stepping on my toes. its a good thing i love being a stay-at-home mom! the girls both ate really well this morning and were treated with some lemonade. (quick fact: i hate giving my girls anything but water and milk. i know it sounds horrible, but i want them to have good teeth...we brush usually twice a day) if i do decide to give them juice then its 1/2 and 1/2 with water. this morning they were treated to 100% lemonade and they were loving it. they also each got their own packet of fruit snacks. lately they have not been big on sharing! i decided to try to squeeze in a show i had DVR'd last night (jon & kate plus 8) but as luck would have it...the twins wouldn't let me. i love allison to death...but she is the biggest drama queen i have ever met. my mom can vouch for me when i say that she was a total mess this morning. we have our living room set up so the twins can't get to the Christmas tree. allison noticed that i didn't have the gate properly closed and went to slide through. i casually put my arm out to block her and the whole world stopped. she then began to scream, stomp, cry, screech....THROW A FIT! and she continued to throw a fit for close to 5 minutes until i took pity on her and picked her up. haha. from there on out it was nothing but trouble from her. if she so much as got a "weird" look from alyssa or i then it was GAME OVER! 10:30 could not have come quick enough...NAP TIME! both girls (along with their sippys of water) went down without a fight and are fast asleep. i am hoping they take a long nap today...i need a break! only other SAHM (stay-at-home moms) can truly understand what i am going through. yes, i love my children dearly, but sometimes i just want to sleep in, take time to do my hair and *shocker* wear make-up, curl up on the couch and do nothing but watch tv ALL DAY LONG! ugh...



i am so feeling the Christmas spirit. we have our tree, our lights outside, the cold weather (no snow), hot chocolate, decorations, Christmas movies....its awesome. we are going to watch the polar express tonight and i am really looking forward to it. i can still remember watching it last year with both sleeping babies on the couch with me. one was in my arms and the other was next to me. johnny had a second job then and we were all alone... :( time is flying by. i was looking at the twins today and i realized that they are TODDLERS! there is no baby left in them at all. it just about made me cry to think about it. i know i want my kids to be close in age, but sometimes when i think about having another it makes me sad. having another baby would mean that the girls REALLY are growing up. i have been through so much with them and they will always be my babies! :'(



God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...