September 6, 2008

-twins! i am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to discipline one of my girls. let me give you some quick info on each of the girls...

alyssa
she can be shy at first but once she warms up to you she is ALL OVER THE PLACE. she knows what she wants and she WILL get it. she has no fears! she is my wild child and VERY feisty!
allison
she is my baby. she is so sweet and so kind. allison is very much like her dad and is mellow and layed back. she doesn't let a lot get to her...until lately!
it feels like every time allison picks up a toy, alyssa is right behind her to take it. here is a picture of the girls playing just yesterday. what you can't see from this picture is that 5 seconds later alyssa takes her hand, places it in allison's face and pushes her over. it was very well thought out and very mean. this is just how alyssa is on a daily basis and of course allison is too sweet to fight back.
its not just this one time. its ALL the time. sometimes i like to give her the benefit of the doubt and think that it was an accident, but more and more lately i am starting to feel like she is just a big bully. my poor little allison just doesn't know how to defend herself. she lets alyssa take her toy and goes to find another one just to have it taken away as well. its kind of sad if you think about it. i am starting to try "time outs" but i'm not sure how much i like doing this to my 14 month old.

i have stood up for allison for months and i have scolded alyssa and babied allison....i just can't do it anymore. allison now cries over the silliest things and then i get that puppy dog look from her. its like she is saying "but mommy why aren't you coming to hold me and baby me". its HORRIBLE! haha. i guess i am just going to have to let alyssa be a meany until allison learns to fight back and not let her older sister (of a WHOLE minute) get away with everything. wish me luck! :)

the girls are officially on ONE nap a day. YIPPY! and they are also only getting TWO bottles a day. i did the naps "cold turkey" one day and it worked out great. i put them down around noon and they sleep for a couple of hours. their new bed time is 6:30...and believe it or not, they sleep over 12 hours. as time goes on we are going to push the nap time and bed time back a little bit each day until we are happy with the times. sounds like a fool proof plan to me! about the bottles...the girls are 11 1/2 months corrected so that only gives me two weeks to get the bottles taken away. i'm scared that since the girls don't eat very well for me (allison has ONE tooth) i am going to have to let them stay on the bottle a little longer than i would like. we'll see! alyssa has mastered the sippy cup. "snaps for alyssa" haha! allison on the other hand just can't seem to understand the concept. i'm sure she'll get it soon though. today was the first day that i MADE her use a sippy. haha, the little girl didn't understand and just fell asleep without any milk. i think a few more times of this and she will make herself learn...i hope! haha

sometimes i feel like such a horrible mommy for making the girls give up their bottles. i am just going to have to be strong and continue to do what i think is right.

this is what cinderella does to my girls
they are hypnotized
mommy & alyssa
just me and my girls...they were
staring at the computer :(

johnny and i being goofy...what we're good at

"I learned about the strength you can get from a close family life. I learned to keep going, even in bad times. I learned not to despair, even when my world was falling apart. I learned that there are no free lunches. And I learned the value of hard work."

-Lee Lacocca-


God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...