August 3, 2008

Three Days Down



We're almost done with our third day away from Johnathon. I have to say, now that the sting of it is over, its not as hard as I thought it would be. I have the girls to keep me active and they are doing a good job of it. We have been lucky enough to have perfect weather, which mean lots of trips to the park. The girls' great aunt DotDot got them a nice wagon for their birthday and we have been putting it to good use the last few days. I think the worse part of the day is when the girls are napping and I am bored out of my mind. I am trying to find ways to stay busy but you can only wash so many loads of laundry and check Facebook so many times. :)
As Summer starts to come to an end, I can't seem to keep the coming holidays off of my mind. The girls are no longer 'blobs' and are actually going to enjoy the holiday season. I am looking most forward to seeing their faces when they look at the tree and, of course, watching them open up their gifts. I'm so glad that Johnathon will be here with us also. I know our families are sad that we won't be with them but I am so happy knowing that the girls will have their daddy with them during such a special time of year. I can't wait to start family traditions with the twins like making cookies and drinking hot chocolate. I have been thinking a lot about Halloween and all the options we have because the girls are twins. I don't really care for any of them because most of the good ones require boy/girl twins. I guess we are just going to have to go with whatever looks cute on them.
 
I truly look up to Johnathon. He is not only a loyal husband and wonderful father, but he is a great friend and extremely hard worker. He makes me more and more proud everyday. I know that he does not like leaving his family, but he does what he has to do to serve this country and support us. I know that no matter where life takes us, God will be there with us every step of the way.
 
 
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.
Psalm 18:32-36
 
 
God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...