August 28, 2008

"nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude"
-Thomas Jefferson-


-today has been one of those days where you just want to SMILE! the girls slept in till around 8:45am, allison has officially cut her very first tooth (took her long enough), the weather is beautiful, and the three of us made a trip to the store. its days like today, when i am playing with my daughters, that i am most inspired. the girls have a way of putting me in the right state of mind. they make everything seem possible and no goal unreachable. i feel extremely motivated and have an urge to make a difference.

i have a wonderful life that i am more than thankful for, but i have made the decicsion to LIVE. johnny gets off the ship tomorrow and together we are going to start over. start fresh. we are going to give our daughters a life to be proud of. we are going to show them the world and educate them. i want to make more friends and become more active in my community. i want to become a member of a church family and teach our children about God and how amazing He is. i want a good life with johnny, but i want our children to have a great one. i want to live with no regrets and know that i lived everyday to the fullest. my grandpa's death taught me that life if short and you need to live each and every day like it is your last.

sometimes i get upset and drepressed because my husband has chosen the path he has in life. that of a MILITARY MAN. i hate being away from my friends and family and missing out on so many memories. its taken me awhile, but i have come to realize that i will always be unhappy...unless i choose to make a change. i will continue to be depressed as long as i let things continue the way that they are. i need to zero in on what is bothering me and change it. i realized that i do miss the memories that are made everyday. the family reunions, the birthdays, the parties, the first days of school, the graduations, the weddings, the funerals, LIFE. thats when it hit me...i DO have all of these things. yes, the majority of my family is thousands of miles away, but i have my immediate family right here with me. if i don't have many friends here, its my own fault. i need to go places, see things and meet people. some of my best memories have been made in the last two years and i was too blind to see that. "home" is wherever the Navy sends us and i am making the choice to make the best of it.
"do a little more each day than you think you possibly can"
-Lowell Thomas-
"people often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily"
-Zig Ziglar-
God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...