August 19, 2013

First Day of School 2013

Our alarms were set, clothes were laid out and backpacks were filled.
 
Today was Alyssa and Allison's first day of 1st grade!
 

Johnathon took the morning off to be there for their first day. Even though he wasn't at the school for very long, I think it still meant a lot to the girls to have him there. It's not often that he is able to attend these special occasions.
 
We even dropped Madelynn and baby D off at a babysitter to make sure that we didn't take away from their special day and it nice to really focus on them for a change.
 
Here are my little ladies with their backpacks. After MUCH effort on my part, I opted for iron-on patches instead of embroidering their names. First of all, I didn't like the idea of everyone (strangers!!) knowing their first names and it was also a huge struggle to get my machine to work with such an awkward small space. We were all happy with the end result.


I am so in love with them in these little uniforms.
 
They were happy too, but I have a feeling they don't quite understand that they will be wearing basically the same thing every single day.
 
Time will tell. (Wish me luck!)


 My girls love to learn, so they were beyond thrilled to get back into a classroom.


I was surprised at how well they went to bed last night and how easy it was to get them ready this morning. If only it remained that easy for the remainder of the year.
 
I can dream, can't I? :)


Such silly goofy girls!


If you could have been a fly on the wall for this next picture!!
 
Their poor backpacks were so heavy that this was the only good picture out of 10 because they kept falling backwards. Ladies and gentlemen, those smiles are legit!


Alyssa loved her classroom and settled in well...after 15 hugs and 10 kisses...every 5 minutes. :)


 I did have to explain to her teacher that she is a perfectionist and to give her time.
 
She was upset that her pencil wasn't sharpened and her art box wasn't organized. Mrs. L seemed to understand. Alyssa will get into a mood where it will take her 10 minutes to write her name because she wants it to look perfect
 

Allison did well also.
 
She gave me one hug and only because I asked for one. She was off to the rug and making friends before I could even walk out of the classroom.
 
She is so much like her Daddy!

 
Allison simply adores her teacher, Mrs. T.
 
They seem to be 2 peas in a pod and I know that her school year will be so exciting!
 
 
 
Madelynn is currently playing quietly and D is napping. Our day is off to a great start.
 
Happy Monday.
xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...