July 19, 2012

Quiet Time Thoughts

Hello!

I put in a Strawberry Shortcake DVD and quietly snuck upstairs for some much needed 'me' time. On a side note, is there anything better than a freshly made bed? After I make my bed each morning, I feel like I can accomplish anything that day. I love it. Anyway, today is Johnathon's 5th day back to work and we are enjoying it. Not that is gone all day, but that his hours are amazing. He has to complete a few classes himself before he can begin to teach a class of his own.

The twins have started a chore chart and I am pretty excited about it. They have around 10 simple chores to complete daily and get an X for each chore completed. At the end of the week they receive a point for each X and get to choose a prize from our 'treasure chest' where everything has a price )point value). Some things are as simple as a sticker and others are as neat as a coupon for a day alone with either mom or dad. This weekend I will be taking a picture of each of their chores and putting them in a necklace pack from Staples. Then they will be able to see a picture of what needs to be done and how it needs to be done. I think this will help them a lot, but so far they are doing great so no complaints here.

Madelynn no longer wears a pull-up during her nap and (knock on wood) ALWAYS has a dry pull-up in the mornings. I am so proud of her. I think we may let her stop wearing them soon. Alyssa is officially out of pull-up completely and that just puts a huge smile on my face. Allison is a completely different story. If I can catch her soon enough in the mornings, I can find her with a dry pull-up, but if I don't remind her, she will keep it on until I notice...and it's not always dry!! I'm not sure what to do about it. I want her to know that it's not okay, but without coming off too judgemental. If she genuinely needs them then I want her to feel okay with that, but I have a feeling that she is just a little lazy. Either way, I need to pay better attention. I guess that is one of the downfalls of them dressing themselves now.

I know this post doesn't have any pictures. That's not because I haven't taken any, it's because I haven't taken the time to edit them. :)

 Johnathon snagged me a desk off of Craigslist for FREE. It's huge and it's perfect for what I need with homeschool. The best part is that it is solid wood and has a lot of charm. I plan on eventually sanding it down and giving it a fresh coat of stain.

I've started getting my pictures printed off. I take around 200 pictures per week and I have no copies in my house for the girls to look at. Over the last few days I have gone back and printed off my favorite pictures of 2012 so far. Today I will begin to work on 2011 and continue on...

Well, that's enough for now. The girls' movie will be over soon so I should scoodaloo down there and do my best to answer questions about a movie I didn't even watch. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...