January 27, 2012

Our Brave Girl

On Monday I took Allison to the hospital for the first of two surgeries to remove the birthmark on her right arm.

I chose not to discuss this with her ahead of time. Of course she knew that the birthmark was coming off, but she knew nothing of what was expected of her or what would happen. I think this had a lot to do with why she handled the entire situation like such a big brave girl.

Here she is right before her surgery.


They spoke to her slowly and explained things to her in a way that even she would understand. I even got to carry her back to surgery.

Here she is immediately after waking up.


One of the first things she told me was that she didn't cry a single tear after I left her. She even told me how they gave her an IV while she was still awake and she not only let them, but didn't cry then either.


She really showed me how grown up she is getting.
It makes this momma a little sad.

Here I am with my gal.




She took her little stuff cow which she properly named, 'Cowey'.


And here she is after getting dressed and eating her two cherry Popsicles.


We were in the car and on our way home by 9:30am.

So proud of her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...