September 4, 2011

The Best Thing About Deployment...

Along with all of the horrible things that deployment brings, there is one perk...

SAVING MONEY!!

I bought a blue mason jar lamp a few months back and have been using it as my piggy bank.

I love it!
It let's me see the money and keeps me motivated to spend less and save more.

It's even become a game for myself to see just how much I can save each week. Once I get to a certain amount, I take it out and put it in the bank.

It also helps that I am a waitress and am able to put my nightly tips in there so I see the fast results.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

On another note, I just had to share my little trick to making any deployment that much easier...

What you will need:
2 Small Pocket Planners
1 Ink Pen
1 Creative Mind/Dictionary
(or in my case, two 4-year old girls who love shouting out random words)

That's it!! I took two small pocket planners and wrote a random word on every. single. day for 7-9 months. It was a challenge to not use the same word twice, but I finally did it. Then I wrote down a list of ports that I knew he would be visiting along the way and gave it a random word too.

Viola!

Now, when I get the surprise email once a week, we are able to share information without upsetting OPSEC or getting into any trouble. It's genius!!

I hope I helped at least one other military family when I shared this today. We military wives need to stick together!!

Happy Deployments!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...