June 28, 2011

Needed to Write...

I've noticed myself writing blog posts in my head during my rare quiet moments. Writing calms me and helps me clear my head of the thousands of thoughts. The problem is that as soon as I sit down to journal it all, my mind goes blank. I guess that's a good thing, right?

My mom has her appointment with her oncologist tomorrow and I will be going with her. I'm nervous to hear what they have to say and what they will want her to do, but I am ready to get started. Something just doesn't feel right about sitting back and waiting while we figure things out. And that is exactly why we are having this appointment. Maybe we can get some sort of treatment started to stop the spread and shrink the cancer until my mom is ready for surgery again. Please pray that whatever their decision may be, it is one with minimal pain and maximum change!!

Two days down since Johnathon left and my house is only barely back to normal. I still have two loads of laundry and a sink full of dishes, but we are getting somewhere. My garage also looks 100 times better than it did just last week. I'm thinking that a garage sale is in the near future or maybe a HUGE trip to Goodwill. Regardless, this Momma is getting rid of a ton of junk!!

I've really been feeling my heart being pulled in the direction of volunteering. Maybe for church, or just something around town. I just feel like I need to, like I am being called to. We'll see what turns up with that.

Alyssa and Allison are so dramatic lately...in a good way. Everything is very, totally, forever, of course, fabulous...they are having a vocabulary boom in such an amazing way. They are so descriptive and detailed. I love it! Coloring is their activity of choice and they are getting so good at staying in the lines. They still like to use 10 colors for a simple shirt, but it's inside the lines nonetheless. I also can't get them off of their bikes. They still ride with training wheels of course, but they go around and around in circles in the garage while I clean and organize.

For the first time in my motherhood, I am separating and packing away the girls' Winter clothes. I've only lived in California while I've had children and we have only used Summer clothing. I noticed something was off when I could no longer fit anything in their closet. This is something new to me. I will have two huge tubs full of clothing to put away in the garage tonight. With any luck, the girls will still be able to fit most of it this Fall.

I think that's about it for now...

Knowing the way I feel, don't be surprised if there is another post later tonight. If you're lucky, I'll post pictures!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...