May 30, 2011

Guess Who Surprised Us??

A few Sundays ago, as my mom was still in the hospital, I headed to a bridal shower for my sister-in-law. It was a hard day for me as it was also the day that they doctors removed my mom's breathing tube and started to lower her sedation. It had been an emotionally draining week and someone picked up on my feelings.


Without saying a word to anyone...ANYONE at all...my husband arranged emergency leave and secretly flew into Chicago where he got a rental car and drove the last 3 hours home and walked into the shower to surprise everyone.


Do I know how to pick them or what? :)


He was able to spend 10 long days with us and be there for me when I needed him the most. He is such an amazing husband and father.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...