April 30, 2011

Bedroom Ideas

As much as I hate to admit it, my babies are growing up and they keep asking me when they are going to get 'big girl beds' like their cousins.


{sigh}


Their cribs turn into full size beds, but we obviously don't have room for that at the moment so two ideas are running through my head.


Either a bed with a trundle (my original idea) or bunk beds.


After thinking about it for a few weeks, I'm starting to wonder if a bed with a trundle is even a good idea. We would have to pull the bed out everyday for nap and then again for bed at night...more work for an already stressed out momma. Please don't even suggest that I leave the trundle out all day long...not going to happen.


Soooo...here are the bunk beds that I like.

via walmart.com

They are from Wal-Mart online and only cost $249. I've read the reviews and it looks like 90% of the people are really happy with their purchase.

I also love that we can separate the beds when we move into a larger house next year.

Thoughts?

Ideas?

. . . . . . .

I bought the most perfect mirror at a rummage sale yesterday and I can't wait to show you the before/after pictures of what I have planned.

Good and fun things are happening!

2 comments:

Josh and Nancy said...

I know your hubby is gone, but you can build them a lot cheaper than that! There is a blog that has the cuts and plans. That is our plan for the near future!

http://ana-white.com/2010/09/classic-bunk-beds-cleverly-designed.html

lori said...

LOVE IT!!! They will love it 2. You should know though that becky jumped off top bunk of theirs and severly hurt her ankle. However, she only did it cause johnny had piled blankets on the floor and did it first. So.... you know one of them will think and act just like him...but maybe not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...