November 7, 2010

Slacker Alert!!

I enjoy blogging. It's a huge creative outlet for me...

and it lets me brag about my adorable kids!!

Lately, however, it's been a challenge to find the time.
(I guess 3 young kids will do that.)

I am physically exhausted and mentally overwhelmed.

Maybe we haven't been swamped with plans, but maintaining a clean house, preparing meals, washing kids, and remaining sane is enough.

Life just seems like all I can handle right now, so blogging has taken a backseat. :)To make up for my laziness, here are the two things that I am thankful for that I missed...

1. The friends of my children.

Now that the girls are older, they are starting to make friends. Even from a quick trip to the park and especially with the neighbors.

It makes my day to see them smile and beg me to invite someone over to play. I enjoy planning play dates and researching yet another holiday craft for them. I can't explain my excitement when I see my little girls run next door and ring the doorbell all on their own. Peeking through the neighbors screen door and begging for their friends mother to let her come out and play. Seeing them clap as she walks out the door is enough to keep me happy all week long. It's precious!

2. A healthy marriage.

No, I didn't say perfect. We are so far from that. We, like so many others, have our moments of weakness. Moments where we need to step back and reevaluate where we are, where we came from, and most importantly, where we are going. Are we on the same page? How can we get there.

Take all the problems of an average couple and mix in 3 young kids, the military as a career, being 3000 miles away from our nearest family member...and suddenly those problems are magnified. It's terrifying!!

I consistently find myself coming back to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

This was said at our wedding. You will also find it on our bathroom mirror as a daily reminder to ourselves that every marriage is work. We are a work in progress and we must not stop progressing!!

God bless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...