October 1, 2010

Frustration!

Frustration: A deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs.

Frustrated...

The girls and I were thrilled when Johnathon came home last night. Too bad it was only long enough to eat dinner, get a few groceries from the store and go to bed. {we may or may not have also watched Grey's Anatomy, but I'll never tell!!} He was out of the house and gone long before any of us woke up and won't be home until the 15th. :( It just makes me want to cry inside.

Frustrated...

We have company. Very expensive company. Annoying and itchy company. Creepy crawly egg laying company. Any guesses?? Let me help.

It starts with an L and rhymes with ice, rice, dice, price, spice and twice.

Yep, that's right folks, the lice have come to visit. I think the part that frustrates me the most is that I am home alone with 3 young kids and must take on the daunting task of killing these suckers and pulling out their eggs. FUN! {sigh}

Luckily, Madelynn has no signs of it, but the twins and I weren't so fortunate. When I first noticed what was going on, I had no ride to the store so it was good old fashioned nit picking for us!! It was very hard to explain to the girls that I was 'getting the icky out of their hair' and getting them to hold still. You better believe that as soon as I could, I was off to the store to...wait for it...wait for it...spend $50 on shampoo, metal combs and spray!!

The last 48 hours or so have been nothing but vacuuming, stripping bedding off of beds (daily just to be on the safe side), picking through hair, cringing at what I find, and being super careful not to cuddle with Madelynn {which is terribly difficult!}.

Frustrated...

It's driving my crazy that Johnathon is going to miss out on Madelynn's first birthday. It seriously makes me want to cry. I am aware that 'we knew what we were signing up for', but it just feels like he is only gone when there is a birthday or holiday.

Have I mentioned yet that Johnathon has duty on Halloween?? Yep, he sure does. So I get the lovely task of walking the girls around on my own. I know it will be fun, nothing is the same if Daddy isn't there.

. . . . . . . .

What doesn't frustrate me lately?? The weather!!

Yesterday was fabulously cold, rainy and cloudy! Thank you, Lord!

It's warmer today, but nowhere near the 116 of last week.



Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously try olive oil. it feels disgusting but works like a charm, and you don't have to worry about nasty chemicals. soak your hair in it and put a shower cap over it when you go to bed, and it suffocates the little boogers! good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...