June 22, 2010

Day 7

I recently blogged and begged for help about my daughters and them wearing their diapers during nap time, or the lack there of!! Today is day 7 of our nap time training. I read over all of your comments for what seems like a hundred times; many of the ideas I had tried on numerous occasions. My mother-in-law even went out and bought pull-ups while she was here.

The day our company left last week, I decided it was time to get serious and figure something out. I had the girls put their pull-ups on and had a long LONG LOOONG talk with them about how they were 'big girl panties' and they were to leave them on and NOT go potty in them. I made them go to the bathroom before I laid them down and, just in case, I left their training potty chair in their room. Because I left the potty chair in their bedroom (which they have emptied several times) I decided to leave their door open and constantly remind them to keep their eyes closed.

Within 20 minutes they were both sound asleep. Day 2 it only took 10 minutes and it has remained that way ever since. I think they are too scared to open their eyes in fear that I will see them and they will get into trouble. Whatever the reason, it works!! Something as simple as leaving their bedroom door open did the trick. I feel like an idiot for not trying it sooner. A happy idiot, though! :)

On day 4 I decided to get rid of the pull-ups all together. They did GREAT! Now they actually wear their 'big girl panties'...Dora, if you care to know! haha. They wake up dry, make sure to tell me, then we CELEBRATE! We dance around and sometimes we share ice cream. You can tell by the look on their faces that they are so proud of themselves. We still put pull-ups on them in the evenings and I am not sure when or how I will change that. For now, I am in no hurry. I am just proud of them for being 100% potty trained during the day. Yay!!

. . .

See this little beauty??

Look at her little tooth!!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yay, that is so awesome!! That is one "baby" thing that I think ALL parents are happy to leave behind! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...