May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day!
Alyssa, Allison & Madelynn,

Mommy knows that you are too little to really understand what Mother's Day is all about, but just know that I love you to pieces. Being your mother is the best gift that God could ever have given me. He has blessed me with the three of you and I am forever thankful. You make mommy laugh and give me a reason to be happy everyday. As I watch you grow and change, I know you won't always want to snuggle with me on the couch and will soon stop asking for 'kisses & hugs' 9 times before you can finally settle into bed. Soon (too soon) you will want to hang with your friends and boys will be the only thing on your mind, but I will still be here. Always. I look forward to the nights when I get to rock you to sleep as you lay in my arms, they mean the most to me. I love sneaking into your rooms as you sleep soundly and giving you an extra kiss every night. I especially enjoy our mornings together. Mommy and all 3 of her girls going down the stairs. I hear requests for cereal and eggs as Madelynn grabs the sides of my face and plants a big wet one right on my nose. I am astonished at the way you thrive to learn and beg to do 'school' all day long. Those are our special moments together, around the table...learning! It makes me happy to see your eyes sparkle when Daddy comes through the door. You, as well as I, know that it can only mean one thing...it's time to go to the park!! You voluntarily give hugs and squeeze me so tight. What is even more fabulous is that you constantly remind me how much you love me. "Mommy...love you! So muuuuch." as you raise your shoulders and give me a sneaky little grin. Your continuous demands for cheese and juice boxes just make me giggle to myself. You hate when the gate is up, preventing you from latching on to my legs and stopping me from doing anything productive. Our days are stressful and super chaotic, but you are always right there to remind me how much I am blessed and loved. Even though you may not be able to express your feelings to me this Mother's Day, I know that, without a doubt, you love me too. I want nothing more than to just sit around and spend yet another day with you. To hold you in my arms and make you laugh as we play. To see you smile and know that you are truly happy. That is what being a mother is all about. You make my life what it is...and it's GREAT!

I love you all so much! xoxo

-Mommy

There are so many special ladies that I would like to give a shout out to...
My mom, Mary
My grandma, Darlene
Mother-in-law, Lori
Aunt, DotDot
Sisters, Cassy & Becky
{who are both expecting their first borns this summer}
...and so many more!

I hope you all have a fabulous and memorable day with your families.

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...