March 20, 2010

Zumba!

That's right! I've joined 24hour Fitness!!
I signed Johnny and myself up today and decided to try out one of the classes. I knew that classes were right for me because I get too bored way too easily. I am not the type of person who can run on a treadmill for an hour...ick!

I've seen Zumba on their class list before and thought of giving it a shot. When I finished my tour of the place and the timing was perfect for the next class, I jumped at the opportunity.


Oh boy, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

We are talking one straight hour of dancing, shaking your hips, and loud music. I had the assumption that the dancing would be just that, a dance. No, no, no! It was back to back
dance moves...song after song...for 60 minutes...
salsa dancing...shaking your hips...
moving in ways I didn't think were appropriate for a gym.

:)

It started out smoothly; easy enough. The fifty year old man next to me was really grooving. hehe. Half way through, about the time I was ready to give up, I noticed the middle aged woman in front of me giving it her all.

Where was all of her energy coming from??

So what really made me feel silly??

Nothing other than the 70-something lady two rows over. She was shaking those hips so fast, I was almost scared for her. If these people could make it through, well then I REALLY should be able to.

It took all that I had to finish that class. haha. In the end, I was proud of myself and glad that I stuck with it.

If this doesn't shake the baby weight, well then, I give up!

. . .

Things are great here. We are all healthy and happy.

Madelynn is now holding herself up by her hands instead of her elbows. She doesn't quite have an army crawl, but some how she gets around the room. She loves to touch and play with the toys on her jumperoo!! We decided that after about a week of waking up at 6am we would try some serious sleep training. Up until that point we would feed her at night and let her fall asleep downstairs with us and then move her to her crib.

Sleep training with us is simply putting the baby to bed while she is wide awake and letting her, dare I say it, cry it out!

To our wonderful surprise, she didn't cry at all...just fell asleep. She then slept until 8:30am.

Bust out the bubbly and let's celebrate!

My little Madster is now going to sleep in her crib wide awake around 9:30pm and sleeping until 8:30am like the amazing little girl that she is. We're so proud...and mommy is VERY happy!!

. . .

Have a safe and wonderful weekend!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...