January 25, 2010

Cleaning up last weeks mess!

I've been spending the last few days REALLY cleaning the house. Only a little at a time, but enough to make a difference. I think I may be on the verge of giving up!

I was checking under the cushions and found bits of last Tuesday's dinner. In the girls' kitchen I found a nasty week old sippy of milk (gross!) stashed in the little refrigerator. In the bathroom (so random) I found a piece of chicken from Friday's dinner. There is cereal ALL OVER the place.

The thing is, I'm not sure how it all gets there. We eat dinner at the kitchen table as a family. They aren't allowed to take any food from the table. Where are they hiding it?? This is something that I MUST figure out, because I am sick of cleaning it all up a week later!

Our carpets need shampooed so badly that I don't even like walking on them. I know I have a tiny bit of OCD, but when my foot hits the floor, I cringe! Just thinking about the filth that is spreading, makes me sick! I even hate Madelynn being on the floor because of it. This may just be #1 on my 'to do' list.

Second on that list? Buying a new shelving unit for our living room. We have GOT to figure something out for all of these toys. I'm either stepping on one, finding one in the fridge, taking one out of Maddie's car seat...yadda yadda yadda!

Will I EVER be truly satisfied with the way my home looks?

I hope so!
. . .

Alyssa is currently feeding her baby doll with one of Madelynn's old bottles. She's telling her baby doll to close her eyes and get some rest. haha

Allison is over in the corner reading a book to her baby doll. She is screaming 'cock-a-doodle-doo, knock knock, boom boom splat'. haha I can tell from just hearing her that she is reading the Dr. Suess book 'Mr. Brown can MOO! Can YOU?'. They torture me and make me read it to them at least 75 times a day. (the sad part is that this is not an exaggeration!)

Maddie is in her swing, awake, chewing on her hands.

Thomas and Friends are on the TV (we decided to change it up a bit) and it is just about nap time. If my husband were home, they would have been up there for an hour now! haha.
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...