December 14, 2009

A New Beginning: week 3

I have a new passion in my life and it's something I want to share. I know that I have a lot of readers who also had babies in October and together we are trying to help each other to lose our horrendous baby weight.

{YOGA}
I have attempted it before, but never seriously and stuck to it. Johnathon picked me up a yoga kit the other day and my life is forever changed. I kind of giggled when he handed it to me. He knows how badly I am struggling to lose this weight and it means a lot that he thinks of me even when I am not with him. Anyway, as soon as the girls went down to bed, I popped the DVD in and went to work. I couldn't help but laugh through the entire thing. I finally came to the realization that I am the least physically fit that I have ever been in my entire life. As someone who was very active in cheerleading, volleyball and softball throughout school, I was shocked at how hard it was to maintain the positions. I stuck with it and was actually in a full sweat after 30 minutes.

I was barely sore at all the next day and decided to give it a go again. To my astonishment, it went great. Today, a few days later, I am feeling amazing and could do the entire routine and hold every position the way it was to be done. I'm so proud of myself.

I was never taught or trained how to do yoga, so I was comfortable doing it in my own home. I also don't have the time to devote to a long work out routine...this is perfect for me. Between kids and never ending housework I manage to squeeze in 2 15-20 minute workouts a day.

I have already noticed more energy and NO MORE BACK PAIN!

To anyone who has never tried it, I strongly urge you to give it a shot. You will be so thankful and your body will never feel the same again.

. . .

Last night was Johnathon's Christmas party and it was so nice to get out of the house, sit with other adults, socialize, meet new people, and eat a full meal (while being served!) without saying "no-no" "sit down" "don't play in your food" "it is yummy?" haha. We didn't stay long because the entertainment was quite lacking (and that is putting it nicely) and we didn't feel like waiting around until 11pm for prizes. We picked the girls up early from a friends house and went home. The girls went to bed GREAT and even slept in until 9am. Madelynn was amazing last night. She woke up at 4am and them slept soundly until a little after 10am. Overall it's been a nice couple of days.

Johnathon was supposed to start his Christmas leave today, but was sent to ANOTHER welding school. This should only take about 4 days...but that is 4 days that he could be home with us! :( Once again, we'll make everything work and at least he will be here for Christmas day.

. . .

Everyone here is doing great! We basically spend our days listening to Christmas carols, watching "Dora's Christmas Carol Adventure" and other fun Christmas movies, coloring and doing puzzles.

Why is it that the housework is NEVER done and I can NEVER catch a break. Mark my words...the day that we can afford it, I am hiring a weekly maid! haha

xoxo

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yuga, huh? I worked overnights in college and watched (a lot) of infomercials and bought a 5 pack of yoga cds once but honestly have never really used them. I might have to break them out though, sounds like you are liking it! And carrying kids around all day...I might have a little bit of back pain. :) How awesome that you got out with your hubby! I totally laughed at the "no no, sit down, don't play with the food" Sounds VERY familiar! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...