July 9, 2008

A New Chapter

My name is Sarah and I have been doubly blessed with fraternal twin daughters, Alyssa and Allison. They recently turned one in June and with that comes a whole new world of experiences, challenges, joys and a lot of firsts! To be honest, the first year wasn't nearly as bad as i had assumed it would be. Of course there were times when I had to choose who to feed first and who to hold, but overall it was a very wonderful and successful year.

Throughout the year I have learned not to judge or compare the twins to each other and to other "singleton" babies. The girls not only have their own VERY distinct personalities, but because of their 10 week prematurity, they are behind on almost all levels of development. The gaps are slowly getting smaller, but there are some things that we still need to work on.

I can't help but smile when I think about the future and all that God has in store for my family. We live in beautiful San Diego, California and Johnathon recently made E-5. We just bought a new car to better fit our growing family and things are really starting to look up for us.

God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...