July 22, 2008

Thankful

I have a lot to be thankful for lately. For starters, my mom got to come home from the hospital yesterday. She is the strongest woman that I know. With everything that she has been through and will probably go through, she has never given up. Even in the hardest times when giving up looked like the only option, she pushed through. God is really on her side and with Him I know she will keep pushing for many years to come.

Today is my second wedding anniversary to the love of my life, Johnathon. These two years have flown by and yet it feels like we have been married for a lifetime. There have been so many changes in our lives...two moves in two years, welcoming our beautiful twin girls into the world, my mom's health problems...and in less than 10 days he will be going on his first "underway". Even though he will only be gone for 30 days, and in comparison to most, that is nothing, but it's the first time he will have to be away from the babies. I, myself, will with be fine, but watching him say good-bye to the girls is going to break my heart. Since they are so young, I just worry about him missing out on one of their many firsts. I guess it's a good thing that we have two so maybe, just maybe, he'll get to see one of their firsts.

The babies are doing great and I think its only a matter of time before they are walking. They have already started climbing up stairs and cruising. Alyssa is working on her third and fourth teeth...Allison, not so much! :) The girls finally started feeding themselves, so dinner time is a messy blast. At least they are eating. Bath times are what I look forward to most in the evenings. They splash in the bubbles and play with their toys. Just watching them sometimes brings a smile to my face. I know that they will always be there for each other. They will always have their best friend. I think God blessed us in such a great way when He gave us twins. With Johnathon being in the military, they are always going to have someone to go through a move with, to face a new school with, and to meet new friends with.

Everything seems to be going great for us. Summer is here and we are enjoying every minute of it. The sun, the beach, cookouts, swimming and sun tans....what more could you ask for?

God Bless

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...