April 25, 2014

First Birthday and a HUGE announcement!

Today is my son's 1st birthday.

We celebrated by taking him for his first hair cut. It breaks my heart that I am not allowed to share his amazing and adorable before/after pictures with everyone.

However, it THRILLS me to share some incredible news with you all...

we've been chosen as D's FOREVER family.

Yes, we will soon begin the official adoption process! We've known this information for a few weeks, but in order to respect the privacy of everyone involved, we chose to keep this news to ourselves.

It's been a roller coaster of events over the last few weeks, starting with the passing of D's mother. It was a shock to me and I spent almost an entire week in tears as I mourned the loss of my son's mother. My heart is still broken for D and his entire family for their loss.

During a recent visit with D's adoptions worker we were told that if we planned on changing his name at the adoption that now would be a good time to start using it on a daily basis. I am excited to tell you that we have indeed decided to change his name to Jackson. This was not an easy decision to make as we had grown to love his unique name, but we felt (for many reasons) that changing his name was what was right for our family and his future. Jackson is a family name.

Jackson's first birthday had a Bubble Guppies theme and we were surrounded by a group of amazing and supportive friends who have been with us through our year long journey. It's been a day of reflection and joy!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...