January 25, 2014

Nine

Today, January 25, 2014, marks 9 years of service for Johnathon in the Navy.
 
Words cannot begin to describe how proud I am of my husband and everything that he has accomplished in the last nine years. I am not always enthusiastic about it, but he puts 100% into his career and goes above and beyond for his family and community. I love you, Johnny.
 
D is also 9 months old today.
 
Talking about D is very difficult for me and it is also hard to do while maintaining his privacy. There is a fine line to walk when you want to share your own story, but so much of that is someone else's.
 
I can't really talk about D's future, but I can say that he is still in our home and we should be hearing from an adoptions worker soon. The adoptions worker is only involved because D's placement will not be with his parents. It does NOT mean that we will be adopting him. I just want to be clear.
 
I hope to one day be able to look back on this process and be able to give everyone a brief summary and break-down of how/why everything happened the way that it did, but I just can't do that right now.
 
For now we are happy. We are showering this baby with love. We are living our lives. We are walking that line.
 
The girls are having a sleep over tonight and we have a birthday party to attend this afternoon. Just another busy day in the Stone home.
 
xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...