November 28, 2011

Lately

I can't help but notice the number of people who have suddenly become interested, worried and/or active in Johnathon's 'deployment'. It's like all of a sudden people are asking how he is doing, where he is, how long he will be gone, what his address is and if they can send him care packages. Don't get me wrong, for all of these things I am grateful.

As hard as I try to contain them, my emotions often get the best of me. Where was everyone this time last year when he was gone for a month, home for 5 days, then gone for another 3 weeks, home for a week, then gone for 27 days...etc. And when he was home, he was gone by the time we woke and home long after dinner was eaten. On occasion he would come home just long enough to eat dinner and then spend the night on the ship so he could leave the next morning.

It's not so much that I want acknowledgment of these many times apart, but more so I want acknowledgment that this is something that we have been dealing with since before Madelynn was born. I just find it interesting that everyone cares so much now when they should have been caring this whole time.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

On a lighter note, Johnathon was in port over a week ago and I was able to talk to him daily for three days. He also called us on Thanksgiving and was able to talk to each of the girls for a few seconds. He is doing good and looks forward to it all being over.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...