May 22, 2010

Grandma Hulva's Potato Soup

It's no secret that I am a HUGE potato eater.
I'd take them raw, fried, baked, mashed...you name it.

Growing up, I can remember both my mother and aunt making this fabulous potato soup. It's actually the same soup that their mother, my grandma Hulva, used to make.

I promise, even those of you who dislike potatoes will love this soup...and it's super easy to make!

There is no set recipe for it, just cook according to taste.

Combine the following ingredients and bring them to a boil.

Potatoes...diced.
I prefer mine on the smaller side...and there can NEVER be enough! :)

Garlic...2 cloves should be plenty.

1 Onion...diced.

Celery & Carrots...chopped somewhat finely.
Add as much or as little as you would like.

Season with Salt & Pepper...generously!
When the potatoes are tender, drain most of the water until it is level with the cooked vegetables.

Now add a cup or 2 of milk and some butter.

When the soup returns to a boil...it's ready to eat!

I like to take out a bowl of the soup and puree it in my food processor, then add it back to the pot. This thickens it up a bit and I like the texture much better that way.

It's absolutely delicious and addicting.

Allison, herself, had 4 whole servings of it!!
{I know what we will be having for lunch tomorrow!}

. . .

For a quick update on what we are doing in school, check out the tab at the top of the page.
I will do my best to update it weekly and keep everyone in the loop of what the girls are learning.

This week??
The letter people!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...